- Use reading strategies in order to identify, analyze, evaluate, and respond to arguments, rhetorical elements, and genre conventions in college-level texts and other media.
- Compose persuasive academic genres, including argument and analysis, using rhetorical and genre awareness.
- Use a flexible writing process that includes brainstorming/inventing ideas, planning, drafting, giving and receiving feedback, revising, editing, and publishing.
- Use a flexible research process to find, evaluate, and use information from secondary sources to support and formulate new ideas and arguments.
- Use written reflection to plan, monitor, and evaluate one’s own learning and writing.