- Reading Questions
- Research Argument Genre Features Analysis
- What is the primary purpose of the academic argument essay (what does it seek to do)?
- What is the difference between Classical and Rogerian argument?
- What are the rhetorical appeals?
- What is the six-part argument structure according to our textbook?
- According to the assignment prompt, what is one way to complete the following sentence: In order to successfully complete this essay assignment, you will need to:
Research Argument Genre Features Analysis:
- Team up with at least one other person that has selected the same journal.
- Go to that site and read a two to three titles and their introductions.
- What are the genre features of the titles/introductions?
- If time, continue reading the first few body paragraphs?
- Do you notice an other common features?
- Which type of argumentation do the papers seem to be? (Classical or Rogerian?)
- Since you should have all of your sources, create your “Works Cited” page.
- Have access to ALL of your sources on for Thursday’s class.
- Look over this website concerning logical fallacies.
- Feel free to begin writing. You could begin to work on your introduction.
- We will be discussing claims on Thursday!